Every plane requires appropriate registration to operate legally. Sure, as time goes by and depending on what are you intending to do with it, forms and applications can vary. But what do you need to register aircraft for the first time?
To comply with the Federal Aviation Administration requirements, there are some steps you must follow. Here you can find what you need to know to register an aircraft. It’s important to get your paperwork done if you want to fly responsibly.
Eligible Aircraft For Registration
So what do you exactly require to apply for registration? You can register aircraft if your plane hasn’t been registered in another country before. Also, it must be owned by:
- An individual who is a United States citizen,
- A partnership each of whose partners is an individual who is a U.S. citizen,
- A corporation or association: organized under the laws of the U.S. or a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory or possession, of which the president and at least two-thirds of the board of directors and other managing officers are U.S citizens, and in which at least 75% of the voting interest is owned or controlled by persons that are U.S. citizens,
- An individual citizen of a foreign country lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the U.S.,
- A U.S. governmental unit or subdivision
- A non-U.S. citizen corporation organized and doing business under the laws of the U.S. or one of the States as long as the aircraft is based and primarily used in the U.S. (60% of all flight hours must be from flights starting and ending within the U.S.)
AC Form 8050-1: The Correct Form To Register Aircraft
Of all the things needed to register aircraft, form AC 8050-1 is the most important of all. This is the main documentation required by the Federal Aviation Administration to achieve registration. You can find it on our website under the name ‘initial aircraft registration’.
Filling this form used to be quite a hassle due to the Aircraft Registry being extremely thorough with the information you needed to provide. Fortunately, filling these forms no longer has to be a problem. We are here to help you with bureaucracy. We put red asterisks next to all the sections you have to fill out so you can distinguish clearly what information is the most important.
Registering Your Aircraft Has Never Been Easier
We provide assistance so you can register aircraft in just a snap. The National Aviation Center makes dealing with the paperwork a lot easier and simpler. Our website is SSL encrypted and is optimized to be used on mobile phones. Take your time to navigate through our website and see all that we can offer.