Federal Aviation Administration

Forms you Can Get From the Federal Aviation Administration

If you are getting started in the flying world you are probably starting to get familiar with some specific vocabulary and documentation. One of them is the Federal Aviation Administration, an operating administration from the Department of Transportation of the United States of America with the mission of providing the “safest, most efficient aerospace system in the world”. To do so, there is a series of forms and documentation that pilots need to comply with, in order to help maintain the airspace safe. Read on and find out!

The documentation you Can Get at the Federal Aviation Administration

On the forms tab of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) website, you will find what are the different types of documents you can get from them. To make it easier for you, they have divided them into diverse topics, and you can even search for a specific form on the corresponding toolbar. Furthermore, on the right side of the page, you can check the most used documents. The forms we are interested in, however, are the “Designee, Aircraft Registration & Airport” forms, in particular, the Aircraft Registration Forms.

Each form has a number and a name. The initial documentation that will give you an n-number is called the aircraft registration application and it is given the number AC 8050-1. 3 years later, when that document is about to expire, you should complete the form AC 8050-1B, the aircraft registration renewal application. Other common forms, are the AC 8050-2 for the Bill of Sale, the REGAR-ADCHG-1 for the Aircraft Owner Change of address notification form, and the AC 8050-88 for the Affidavit of Ownership, a legal document that you can use to prove that you own a vehicle.

How to Send Your Documents to the FAA

Now that you know what are the different documents you can get from the Federal Aviation Administration, it is time to learn what to do with them. Once you have selected what is the document you are trying to get, it is time to download it, complete it (either manually or on your own computer), and then print it out. If all data is not entered as required by the form, it will be returned to the applicant for completion. Furthermore, keep in mind that, in the case that the paperwork you are trying to get requires any other supporting documents, they should be attached to the form as well.

Once you have finished with this, the form, fees, and supporting documentation have to be sent to the FAA offices in Oklahoma.

Federal Aviation Administration

The National Aviation Center

Let’s admit it: in 2022 it doesn’t seem really convenient to have to print out documents, fill them up manually and send them via regular post. Luckily for you, that is when the National Aviation Center comes into place. We are a third-party agency that gives you the possibility to complete your forms online on our SSL-encrypted platform. On the left side of our web, you can see the documents you can get from us. Contact us today and get your plane started!